This role will support the development of the disruptive innovation strategy and creation of new product pipeline to accelerate growth in existing and adjacent protein segments. This includes the identification of growth trends, technology drivers and opportunity gaps to achieve business strategic and financial targets. This position will coordinate closely with R&D, Insights, Operations, Finance and the commercial business units to complete opportunity assessment and business case development. The successful candidate will develop new initiatives from discovery and ideation through applicable levels of commercialization using the Butterball Innovation Process and will also translate strategy into long-range plans that enable sustainable commercial success while aligning and exciting the organization behind these initiatives.
- Sees the business and decisions systemically, understanding how actions influence each other and the whole.
- Articulates a compelling vision of success and maintains relentless focus on realizing it.
- Demonstrates deep knowledge of the customer, commercial, operational, financial, and people dimensions of the business.
- Makes data-driven decisions that balance long- term and short-term objectives for a sustainable future.
Consumer Application of Emergent Trends:
- Builds new product pipeline by leveraging technology, consumer insights, competitive and market analyses with a deep understanding of emerging trends.
- Aligns emergent trends opportunities with company s strategic priorities, and leverages strategic opportunity areas across relevant markets.
- Defines strategic platforms, identifies insight development plan and builds a robust pool of insights and ideas to mine
- Build an innovation pipeline against strategic platforms to deliver 5-year plan
- Analyzes, recommends and leads, as appropriate, transactions relevant to the company s commercial success in new white space
- Leads the analysis protocol business case development, testing and associated hurdles and tracking mechanisms.
- Plans appropriately through each stage of the innovation pipeline to ensure adequate depth/resources to meet business objectives
- Serves as project champion coordinating activities across functions and channels to deliver project objectives
- Bachelor s degree in marketing or related field (Masters preferred)
- Minimum of 5-7 years relevant Marketing experience
- Progression of successful accomplishments in marketing that includes the identification and commercialization of a significant line extension, new product or major new marketing program that delivered target business results.
- International and technical experience desirable but not required.
- Superior strategic thinking and planning.
- Proven consumer understanding, to serve as foundation for sustainable innovation.
- Overall business knowledge and holistic general management approach.
- Ability to nurture and contribute to innovation and creative solutions.
- Economic value creation mindset.
- Superior leadership skills.
- Outstanding analytical abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver target results.
- Strong verbal and written communicator to wide breadth of audiences including senior management.
- Lifelong learner and strong people developer.